The Jamner Miracle – Blessed Gyan 178

|| Aum Sai Ram || Aum Sai Para Brahmanaa Namah ||

The Jamner Miracle

“In the year 1904-05, Nanasaheb Chandorkar was Mamlatdar at Jamner, in the Khandesh district, which is more that 100 miles from Shirdi. His daughter Mainatai, was pregnant and was due to deliver. Her case was very serious and she was suffering from labour-pains for the last two or three days. Nanasaheb tried all remedies but in vain; he then remembered Baba and invoked His aid. There in Shirdi, one Ramgirbua, whom Baba called Bapugirbua, was leaving for his native place in Khandesh. Baba called him and told him to stop at Jamner on his way home and give the Udi and Arati to Nanasaheb.

Ramgirbua said that he had only two rupees with him and this amount was barely sufficient for the railway fare upto Jalgaon, and it was not possible for him to go from Jalgaon to Jamner, a distance of about 30 miles. Baba assured him that he need not care, as everything would be provided for. Then Baba asked Shama to write a well-known Arati composed by Madhav Adkar (Arati and translation of this is given at the end of this work) and gave a copy of it with Udi to Ramgirbua, to be delivered to Nanasaheb. Then relying on Baba’s words, Ramgirbua left Shirdi and reached Jalgaon at about 2:45 a.m. He had only two annas left with him and was in a plight. To his great relief he heard somebody calling out, “Who is Bapugirbua of Shirdi?” He went to him and told him that he was Bapugirbua. Then the person, professing to be sent by Nanasaheb, took him out to an excellent tonga with a good pair of horses. They both drove in it. The tonga ran fast and early in the morning they came to a brooklet. The man took the horses for watering them and he asked Ramgirbua to partake of some eatables.

On seeing the beard, moustache and the livery of that person, Ramgirbua suspected him to be a Muslim, and was unwilling to take any refreshments from him, but he satisfied Ramgirbua by saying that he was a Hindu, a Kshatriya of Garhwal and that Nanasaheb had sent these refreshments and that there should be no difficulty in its acceptance. Then both of them took the refreshments and started again. They reached Jamner at dawn. Ramgirbua alighted to attend a call of nature and returned within a few minutes, but found that there was no tonga, no driver. He was dumbfounded. Then he went to the neighbouring Kachehri and making enquiries, learnt that the Mamlatdar was at home. He went to Nanasaheb’s house, and gave to Nanasaheb, Baba’s Udi and Arati. At this time, Mainatai’s case was in the most serious condition and all were in deep anxiety about her. Nanasaheb called out his wife and asked her to give the Udi, mixed with water, to their daughter to drink. He thought that Baba’s help was most opportune. In a few minutes came the news that the delivery was safe and that the crisis had passed away. When Ramgirbua thanked Nanasaheb for the peon, tonga and the refreshments etc. the latter was greatly surprised as he had sent none to the station, and was not aware of any person coming from Shirdi.

Mr. B.V. Deo of Thana, retired Mamlatdar, made enquiries about this matter with Bapurao Chandorkar, son of Nanasaheb and Ramgirbua of Shirdi and after satisfying himself wrote an elaborate article – part prose and part poetry – in Shri Sai Leela magazine (Vol. 13 Nos. 11, 12 and 13). B.V. Narsimhaswami has also taken down the statements of (1) Mainatai (No. V page 14) and (2) Bapusaheb Chandorkar (No. XX page 50) and (3) Ramgirbua (No. XXVII, Page 83) dated 1st June 1936, 16th September 1936 and Ist December 1936 respectively and published them in his Devotees’ Experiences, Part III.” The following is quoted from Ramgirbuva’s statement:

One day Baba called me to him and gave me a packet of Udi and a copy of Baba’s Arati. I had to go to Khandesh at the time. Baba directed me to go to Jamner and told me to deliver the Arati and Udi to Nanasaheb Chandorkar at Jamner. I said to Baba that all I had was Rs. 2, and asked Him how that could take me by train, from Kopergaon to Jalgaon and next from Jalgaon to Jamner. Baba said, “God will give.” That was Friday and I started at once. I reached Manmad at 7:30 p.m. and Jalgaon at 2:45 a.m. At that time plague regulations were in force and I had much trouble. I was to discover, what I should do to get to Jamner. At about 3 a.m. a peon in boots, turban and equipped with other details of good dress, came to me and took me to a tonga and drove me on. I was in terror. On the way at Bhaghoor, I took refreshments. We reached Jamner early in the morning and by the time I attended my call of nature the tonga and its driver had disappeared (page 83).”


|| Aum Sai Sharnam || May Peace Be To All ||





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s